Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Untitled IV"



Oil on Gessoed Masonite, 6"x6", $125

To me, Abstract is more difficult to paint than representational painting because the process tends to go through different kinds of preparation, research and techniques. But in the end, it will have to meet the criterias of what makes a good painting: composition, values, color harmony, proportion, depth, eye movement, etc. There are so many ways an abstract can turn out: a little darker here and more color there; warmer here and less busy there. So, here it is, an exit way appeared and I called it a day. 

Please come visit my other blog to see more recent paintings, or my website to see other paintings. If you have any suggestions, comments or interest to purchase, please feel free to contact me via my email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment