Monday, August 23, 2010

"From My Heart" By Li Mahalik


Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas, 20"x16"

I painted this a week ago and let it sit in my studio while pondering about it. It had a lot more red then and had no dark value, and it seemed too sweet. So, I revised it a bit today. Even though it's an abstract, a focal point or area still helps tying everything up. I would have loved all my abstracts to look good no matter how you placet it. Not this one, though. It wants to look like a bunch of flowers, from my heart.

Please contact me if you have any comments, questions or have something in mind for a painting. Or visit my website, and my other blog. Hope you have a wonderful week!

An update of my 4'x4' commissioned abstract painting: I'm painting it in my mind, no kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment