Saturday, July 14, 2012

Morning In Yarnell

oil on canvas, 14x18

This is painted from one of the pictures I took a year ago. For some reason I liked the composition even though it's somewhat unconventional. The perspective is good here.
I feel that, for landscape, the most important aspect is the composition. Whether there is a focal point or not is not as important, unlike a still life or a portrait where the source of light tells you everything.

Yarnell is a beautiful town about two hours of drive north of Phoenix. On highway 89 to and fro you can see cottonwood trees gather here and there along the creeks and mountains rising and falling in the distance and near. I love it's openness, crispy air and quietude. It's truly picturesque in every way.


***** 
Please email me if you have questions or visit my website 
to see other paintings.
*
To purchase this painting, please click here
Thanks for visiting!



No comments:

Post a Comment